Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cake Balls!

So this is the first time I am publicly talking about my upcoming Cake Balls book....to be published this coming fall by Harvard Common Press. Cake pops and cake balls are everywhere - even at Starbucks - so they are no longer new BUT, I do have what I think is a new take on them. The majority of information out there on cake balls starts with boxed cake mix and canned frosting and focuses on the decoration. As always, I am much more interested in Taste, so my book focuses on made-from-scratch recipes using the best ingredients.

I'm not going to be posting any cake ball recipes for a while, but you can see my Dulce de Leche Cake Ball on the Home page of Dedewilson.com....and here's another pic just to whet your appetite. These are Nutella Cake Balls with Caramelized Hazelnuts: white cake combined with Nutella, dipped in milk chocolate gianduja and topped with caramelized hazelnuts.


The photo shoot for the book is happening as I type. Very exciting! The pic above was one I just snapped at home during recipe development.

No comments: